Sunday, June 12, 2011

Gautier Paulin on the podium in Portugal


Yamaha Monster Energy racer, Gautier Paulin, has secured his third consecutive podium of the season, this time in Agueda, Portugal for round 6 of the FIM Motocross World championship.
paulin podiumII 220x330 Gautier Paulin on the podium in Portugal
The talented Frenchman, steered his Yamaha YZ250F to a reasonable start in moto 1 but lost touch to the leading trio early on in the race when he went into the back of Osborne and crashed. After finding a good rythym Paulin put in a last minute charge to close down Max Anstie and Zach Osborne. In a last lap dash he tried all he could to pass Anstie and it was a photo finish with Anstie just getting the advantage.
I better jump in moto had Paulin in the top 6 on lap one. He pushed hard to make up a few positions and with Ken Roczen crashing out in mid moto Paulin quickly moved past Osborne for third spot to secure second overall for the GP.
“ I’m always happy to be on the podium but I am disappointed that I could not get a good start and run with the guys up front. I proved in the first moto after I had a crash that I could run the same lap times as the leaders. I want to make it happen now and I feel really good on the bike. My next goal is to fight for GP wins.” Said Paulin.