Thursday, April 30, 2009

#43 Sam Halbert's latest race report: Willow Spring, CA

AGV Dainese's man of dirt, Slammin' Sammy Halbert had another great racing weekend, at Willow Springs Raceway in Rosamond CA, and took the AGV and Dainese brands on the podium again. Congrats to Sammy! Here's his race report:

"I was super excited to be back racing another Eddie Mulder WCVDTS event and ready to put my fresh out of Jim Kelly’s race shop H-D XR 750 engine to the test. At the last event I rode here I led the first 19 of 20 laps in the final so I was very motivated to make sure I led the last lap this time around.
The day started off great, as we rolled into the track there was a dump truck dumping a load of dirt on the track and I knew that it was going to be a fun day of throwing a roost off the back of my H-D. I was in the second heat race and pulled a nice holeshot and never looked back. I rode hard for the first 5 or so laps and then backed it down a notch and still had the fastest heat of the day.
That set me on the pole for the $1,000 to win Dash for Cash. More...

A special thank you to everyone who has ever supported the Halbert Family Racing Team!"

Results:
Digger Open Pro:
1. 43 Sammy Halbert
2. 3 Joe Kopp
3. 37 Jimmy Wood
4. 54z Mikey Rush
5. 26 Brandan Bergen
6. 21 Jared Mees
7. 69 Jethro Halbert
8. 51 Steve Murray
9. 42e Kayl Kolkman
10. 28 Shaun Russell

Photo’s by Jamey and Janice Blunt