Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Flat-Track: Sammy Halbert race reports


"Neeses, SC * 03/07/09

short track in South Carolina.

My Daytona set-up did not feel very good at all on this track so I was still trying to get comfortable when practice ended. I made a couple changes before my first heat race and was being led around by local Garth Brow and was chasing Aussie Luke Gough when all of a sudden down the front straight away my motor locked up. It sounded like the chain may have fallen off, but as soon as I saw it wasn’t the chain, I knew that it wouldn’t be pretty inside my engine.

Since we had already taken my stock Yamaha 09 engine out of my frame and given it to my engine builder, I was without a bike to finish the night. Matt Weidman and family stepped up and pulled Matt’s practice bike out of their truck for me to race..."

More at Sammy Halbert's Race Reports